Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Where does the time go?


I know as mothers we ask ourselves that all the time...but this week there was another moment where I actually had to stop and catch my breath. The high school coach wants my middle schooler to start lifting with the JV team because here in Virginia 8th graders play JV ball at the high school. He is a big boy and has played for lots of years (not the last 3 since they didn't have MS ball in NC or here in VA) but he's ready to get back into it.

Mack is a great kid, and I feel bad that this year the first year he'll be back on the football field with a sport in common with his dad, that Shayne will be deploying and missing the whole darn season. But some how I know it will be ok, and he will work his tail off. I remember the first time he walked on a football field, a nice boy who was older than him named John pushed him over (both linemen LOL) and when Mack got up he got in the car and said "mom that John boy is mean he knocked, me over and didn't say he was sorry." We all just laughed and explained it to him....so this week when I saw him walking into the weight room with his older brother my heart melted. They are truly amazing kids and I so proud to be their mother.

I will be posting pictures and updated here so we can share the ups and down while Shayne is gone, so hope you all don't mind some extra "mom moments" the next few months.

No comments: