Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2010.....



In a few more days most of us will make New Years Resolutions...and a few weeks later we'll forget them. This year I challenge each of us to make a resolution that ENHANCES our lives not necessarily CHANGES it. So what will you do this year?

I have decided that this year I will

  • declutter the crap from my life (literally and figuratively)
  • eliminate the drama
  • accept that I can only control myself and not the world around me
  • smile a lot more than I did in 2009 (and don't be mistaken I did have many things to smile about)
I will also add the NORMAL resolutions to my list. And they include
  • exercise
  • diet
  • get healthier (yes at 40 I have a responsiblity to me, do watch out Doc here I come for those baselines and annuals YUCK)

As I look at this HUGE list and realize that more than one item on my list means a failure is probably likely. But ya know what this year instead of failing and walking away and tossing my hands up in the air, I am going to TRY, TRY, TRY again. Making a resolution doesn't mean I will accomplish it on the first try...heck if I had they wouldn't be on my list again this year would they? I want to quit being reactive in my life and start being proactive in the life I live.

No comments: