Sunday, January 3, 2010

Its time....


2010 is here and it came in with such AMAZING moments. I spent it with my SIL and BIL in the snow in Ohio, and loved it. I also logged onto Facebook and found an email from a friend who went MIA from our family's life a while ago, and he is our older son's Godfather, so we've been trying to reconnect, and who was the email from...yep that friend.


Ya know God works in mysterious ways, and I'm ready to accept and not question as much as I have in the past. Today I spent a couple hours talking to my sister and its been months since we had a the time to really sit and talk.


I have scheduled my upcoming DR's appts, and I am finally taking hold of the thyroid issue. Yep I am hitting the ground running this year. There will be NO MORE DRAMA in my life, and if the people involved with that can't respect that I don't want it there, then maybe some (re) evaluation all the way around is needed...who knows.


I am NOT gonna be positive everyday, that's CRAZY to think I could be. However that being said I am gonna "stop and smell the roses" a little bit more. I love my life, but don't like everything in it, so what do we tell our kids "don't like it, then either deal with it, or make changes" so for me I will deal or make changes. I want to enjoy my life, I want to live IN the moment not FOR the moment. And I refuse this year to wish it away. I mean I spend so many days "waiting, and wishing" for the week-end or the next vacation day, or whatever, that I realized I am wishing my life away, and at 40 yrs old, that isn't a great idea anymore.


This last year:

  • a friend lost her husband, and a I am in awe of her beauty, determination, and strength, she is AMAZING.

  • I made a friend, or keeps me grounded and I keep her grounded at times....she is the epitimy of what a best friend would be if we labeled each other that....she and I found each other when dealing with something else in our lives.

  • I had a fight with my mom,

  • spoke to my grandparents for the 1st time in 5 years,

  • saw a new baby,

  • Lost friend who I had for years,

  • learned some HARD life lessons,

  • realized that being right and knowing it is way better than saying "I told you so" thats kind of bitchy LOL.

  • I renewed my wedding vows on an island with my husband

  • I applied for school

  • I watched my children struggle without their dad home again for 1/2 the year while he deployed, and we survived it all.

Life is exactly like Forest Gump says "its a box of chocolates" and this year I refuse to not enjoy each one. Happy 2010 my friends...I hope it finds you full of joy, love, happiness, and only good things.

No comments: