Sunday, April 12, 2009

Been a TOUGH week


we went home to our hometown to see DH's family, and some how he felt the need to "talk" about things that have upset him over the years. Now I'm not gonna spread dirty laundry all over the web, but I am amazed at what happened. I mean one minute everything SEEMED fine, then he and SIL had words, then he's leaving with us in tow.

Now the dilemma here is that I TRULY had nothing to do with any of this "mess" but somehow it will be my fault, you are guaranteed. Usually I am the one doing the "just deal with it its only a short time" ya know those lines. But this time I was tired, stressed and well just done with it all and looked at him and said "for God sakes don't bitch at me about it, I can't change it." Oops guess that could make it my fault, but OMG he's 38 yrs old if he wants to be mad at his sister than he can right?

Well no one has called and he left today for a 212 day deployment, and I can't decided if I'm happier there were no more "issues" before he left or that I am mad because they didn't have the decency to "check in" on him to say good-bye. Not that I can change any of this, but I can tell you that he was AMAZING today when he left (see Missing you blog)

I will be writing a LOT more over the next few months so please check out my blogs gang. Have a Happy Easter everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Simpson's picture provides a great visual, lol !!! and might I add that I think you held great composure ! But yeah, I would have thought too that they would have said good-bye to him and wished him well....it was probably SOMEWHAT therapeutic for him to say what was on his mind, right???

navywife6 said...

I think he has a new lease on life, since 17 yrs of pent up "crap" was vented...although he knows it will never change anything, at least its out there now, and we don't have to always "grin and bear it." There are pluses to knowing that LOL.

I am sad they aren't speaking, but he seems fine, and since it is his family and I had NOTHING to do with it, I gotta support whatever decision he makes.

I loved the Simpson's too, put it all in perspective...you know what they say about a picture and a thousand words LOL.