Sunday, February 3, 2008

An eye opener.....


....so today I heard a quote by John Lennon

"Life is what happens while you are making other plans"

So I was thinking about this quote and I was thinking how very true this is. I mean we make lists, and post reminders on our fridges, and jot down stuff on calendars and put alarm reminders on our cell phones for what we have to do NEXT. Well that’s fine, and our schedules are fine, but my concern is "what are we missing" while we are worrying about the next thing we have to do? This entire subject came up while talking to my sister this morning about trying to catch time, and then I turned on A&E, and a movie was on using John Lennon’s very quote. Being into signs (as you all know I am LOL) I took this as a topic to ponder.

Well I can tell you that even though I am planning stuff for my little Super Bowl get together tonight, and reminding myself that I have to call my mom before it starts, I want to enjoy today. I want to NOT miss the moments around me. I mean do I want to be 75 years old and realize I MISSED my life; I MISSED my kid’s lives? Nope I want to smile, laugh, and enjoy it. So today, even though I have a MILLION other things to do (I'm sure) I don't care. If the laundry gets done...great, if the floor gets mopped up...great, if none of it gets done well great too, it'll all be there tomorrow waiting LOL.

Take a moment today and FORGET it....I promise the sun will stay in the sky, and the Earth will keep rotating, but you might find a couple extra minutes where you laugh, and enjoy your life...you know the one you've scripted for years to get too. Smile bloggers, and know its all good.

1 comment:

snowflake said...

John Lennon was my hero and this quote of his is one of my faves. Another one is on my cafemom home page..." The love you take is equal to the love you make." Powerful stuff.
It's so true though, things rarely go the way you plan them and when you get so caught up in the minutia, sometimes you miss something even better. Thanks for the great reminder!