Saturday, February 2, 2008

Never underestimate the power.....

....of a woman with a hammer...much less two women with hammers LOL. So since I found out we are likely to have to move this Summer/Fall I have been trying to PURGE the crap I have collected over the past three years (and OMG its a HUGE amount of stuff LOL). Anyway I have finally got rid of my OLD (yep 10 yrs old) furniture (well not rid of it at first put couch in the garage for kids play room area and love seat in boys room so they could use it for video games). Anyway there was no choice but to get rid of the couch this past week. My dog (Max) decided to bury TOYS, BONES, STICKS inside it, and then when they fell UNDER the darn thing she DUG, and I mean DUG through cushins to TRY and find them. So now my couch is NAKED w/o cushins LOL. So after a few STRESSFUL days I called the neighbor and said I wanna just break something down and FEEL like I did something BIG today, so lets deal with the couch. Thank goodness for me she was having a BAD day with hubby and was like "I'm there." So off we were with ONE hammer, two steak knives, and two screwdrivers and we DEMOLISHED the couch. I mean DEMOLISHED in such away that we had one garbage can of material and stuffing, wood frame in a PILE in my back yard for a bonfire on Sunday (thats another blog LOL), and a garbage bag of springs. The garage is MUCH cleaner, the dog can't dig my couch anymore, and well I'm on the road to purging my house LOL.

But the MORAL of this is that WE can do ANYTHING we set our mind too. Wasn't like ripping it apart with a hammer was easy, but we were determined, and we had a TON of laughs doing it. I do have a picture of my neighbor (and friend) looking a bit like Captain Morgan that she said I couldn't post but I am going too anyway LOL and hope when she sees the blog she laughs outloud at herself and the butt heads we were that day. Oh and for the record I did this in PJ pants and there was a picture of me with my butt looking like Resputia's from NORBIT so THANK GOD for the DELETE button....SORRY Amber LOL.

MOMS, we can do anything, and we should NEVER worry that we can't....and just in case you are scared to do it CALL A FRIEND, we will always help. My POSITIVE from this was FRIENDSHIP, and THERAPY LOL.

Thanks for you help Amber!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your welcome Steph. And thanks for the stress reliever and the good laughs. And.. ahhhhmmm..I thought the picture was going to be of the demolished couch? NOT of me in it! LLMAO.