Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pollyanna


So today I am feeling a bit "Pollyanna(ish)" I mean I am almost 100% sure that is NOT a word LOL....but none the less, it definatly describes my mindset today.

Ya know I have spent the past 18 months watching and listening to the candidates on both sides...and before anyone panics I am NOT trying to change ANY ONE'S mind. See the reason I feel the way I do today is for a number of reasons and none involve POLITICS (go figure LOL).

I want to address something I saw someone post on another site and it was (not verbatim here) "if you aren't for Obama you must be racist" are you kidding me...couldn't someone just NOT like him. Or how about this comment "women should be ashamed to vote for Palin for VP, she is a step back for women in this country" again I say WHAT to myself. There are tons more that I could address but these two got me thinking a lot the past few weeks...and here is my Pollyanna(ish) coming into play here.

I want to know why their race, sex, or even party matters. I mean can't we vote for who we believe is BEST for the job? I could care if our next president is black, white, pink, or purple....I don't care if they are a man or a women....and I don't care if they are 45 or 85 yrs old. I mean I want who I believe can do the job. All that being said I feel bad for the next president whoever it may be for one reason...I don't think this can be fixed the way it NEEDS to be fixed...and all their promises will be like the Bush's "no new taxes" promise. I realize that life as we KNEW it will change no matter who is in charge. The problems in this country aren't just because of Wall St. or the war, or immigration there are TRILLIONS of issues. I guess what I would hope that this election would do is create a country of "more understanding and accepting" Americans. I also hope that as individuals (man or women) you will VOTE. I don't care who you chose to vote for....nor will I state who I plan on voting for because one of the greatest things about elections in this country is that "when I go in that voting booth, and close the curtain I can vote MY conscious NOT anyone else"....yeah Pollyanna today, but I do believe either will HELP this country but not fix it right away.

No comments: