Friday, January 22, 2010

Pictures....


Ya know today was ANOTHER eye opening moment in my life. I was looking to change my Facebook picture and realized that there are little to no pictures of me.


Well my first excuse was "its cause I'm always behind the camera." Which for the most part is true. But then I thought about the fact that I have this one friend who is always commenting on my smile and saying things like you look happy, and it forced me to look at the few shots I do have and I realized something.....yep I hate my picture taken. Its like dental surgery when I HAVE to have my picture taken, so I do that FORCED, or FAKE smile. Always makes me mad when my friend says what she says and it dawned on me that she's right. No one would know if I was happy in my pictures, because I NEVER get in them.


So now I am stuck with the thoughts that if, God forbid, I died tomorrow that my kids would have no pictures of me, and it made me sad. So I am on a mission...and its a big one:


I need to accept that like it or not I am currently not as pretty as I would like to be, and I am not skinny, but this is who I am (at this moment) so I need to embrace who I am and STOP being ASHAMED to get my picture taken. I guess in my mind if I am NOT in the picture then I dont' have to once again feel bad that the diet/exercise program I am on isn't moving as fast as I want it too. I am on the right path, but its not an overnight thing, so I will get in pictues with my kids, and my husband, and I will try to start loving myself more.


See I told you it was a BIG mission....but I'm a Navy wife I can do ANYTHING I set my mind too. I promise to post when I get some shots LOL.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi!

We are currently looking for those with the entrepreneurial spirit to help us sell the Hooah! Audio Button on military-related social events around your area, etc. We offer big discounts to those who would get it in bulk.

The Hooah! Button is a wonderful tool that can be used for any meeting, event, organization or home to inspire the American Can Do spirit of greatness.

You may visit http://www.hooahbutton.com to know more about the product or call 904-638-4259 for more details. You may also email armywife084@gmail.com

Let us support our troops together! HOOAH!