Saturday, June 6, 2009

Retail therapy....

.....credit card, checks, debit cards, cash oh my....credit card, check, debit card, cash Oh my. Now here's the thing...pay day is NEXT week. BUT (notice the caps LOL) I NEEDED some "retail therapy" today. So, thank you Shayne for having good credit and letting me have the credit card to order my Magellan GPS (for my trip to Ohio...now I won't get lost), and a CHEAP stop at Gamestop for the kids, and well a new pair of shorts because I need a SMALLER size (see man holding sign). And I came home with crystal lite, bottled water, and flavored water...no junk food. So all in all it was a THERAPUTIC day for NECESSARY things right?

Well not so sure Shayne would understand the whole RETAIL THERAPY thing, but um here's the best, he called to let me know he'd be going to midnights (long story there) and I hate it, but its life....anyway, he said "I NEEDED to get a new pair of running shoes." Now I'm sure he did, but guess what, I figure it was the FAMILY RETAIL THERAPY day so I'm cool with the whole thing LOL. Pay day is Friday I'll just send extra to the darn credit card LOL.

Now with regards to shopping, and MOST husbands hating it, I have found that my mom's life lessons of hanging it in the closet, removing the tags and throwing away any bag for proof. When they say "is that new" saying "this old thing" is usually the way to go. However if this is your mode of operation in hiding clothes, for the love of God DO NOT let your 5 yr old daughter see your clothes LOL or she TELLS. HOWEVER, there is the way around that just in case you are a newbie at this whole thing. Buy her a $3 Littlest Pet shop toy so she is FIXATED on that when dad says "what did ya all do today?" She'll say "oh mommy got me a pet shop dog" and I can get on the phone and say "it was $3 she worked so hard this week I thought I'd be nice." How does he begrudge his 5 yr old "ANGEL" the $3 toy? He can't...so now new clothes for mom are a DISTANT memory...SCORE you got away with it.

Now on the off chance he SEES the credit card statement, you cover this by bringing him home something he wanted/needs/ must have (beer/wine or any liquor also helps)....if he has something tangible in his hands then when he actually see the credit card bill...you can say "babe that was your new chain saw and that really expensive beer you liked so much." Now you know it didn't cost $300 but who cares...he can't yell because it's HIS chainsaw and beer LOL...again PROBLEM averted.

So I've given you a few options to "HIDE" your retail therapy. But you could be lucky enough (as I am at the moment) that he be "out of the country" and not able to pay bills ROFL. By the time he comes home the clothes will be OFFICIALLY OLD, and the ORIGINAL credit card bill will be LONG gone with SEVERAL, EXTRA payments posted LOL.

Have you "retail therapied" today? Have a great week-end gang.

No comments: