Saturday, July 25, 2009

Funny moments


Over the years I have many memories of "funny moments" they include my friends, my family, of course my sister, my kids and my husband. Today I was reading a friends "note" on Facebook about the "100 things your kids may Never know about" and as I glanced down the list, I found myself actually LAUGHING....not just a quiet smirk to myself, but actually LAUGHING OUT LOUD. My kids were like "mom what is it?" That in itself only made me laugh harder, cause now I KNEW I was gonna be explaining some things on the list.

First and foremost let me tell everyone (those who aren't on my FB page LOL) that my A/C broke on Wednesday (10 days before payday and its like 90+ degrees...it sucks). The kids have been so dramatic about it....."mom we don't want groceries we want air conditioning" LOL. So this lead into the discussion of how MOST of us didn't grow up with A/C until we were in High School (many moons ago) and that lead to the NO computers and NO cable, my God what did you do for fun conversations. I have truly NEVER laughed as hard as I did just watching their faces contort into shapes that looked like someone cut off their air supply.

So then I read this list and I'm LOL. The kids (hot as hell in this house) are standing over my shoulder reading along with me, and they were like "8 track tapes what the heck are those?" Now I just laughed. So I got online and sent the link to Shayne so that he could laugh too. I LOVE to realize how OLD I am, and I'm truly OK with truning 40 this year (at least thats my story and I'm sticking to it LOL), but some of the things on this list...OMG it was so sad to think about that the kids will NEVER know a walkman....or that they don't LIVE for cartoons on Saturday morning because Cartoon Network is on 24/7. Don't get me wrong I LOVE techenology, I mean take FB for example, I have reconnected with tons of long lost friends from my HS days, and I am so thankful for that....but boy NOT having all the EASY stuff made us work harder for things (I think). I mean NONE of us would have ever said "I'm bored" to our parents...we'd have already been outside playing.

So today I challenge each of you to read this post (thank you Peggie) and talk to your child, your love ones, or your friends and have a great laugh at what we all endured, and Maybe in 30+ more years we will see a list from our kids and can be in awe of how far the world has gone, and be a bit meloncoly about what it left behind.

No comments: