Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Going to be POSITIVE today...


...since I left for Ohio a few weeks ago, I have found myself in a funk, that I can't seem to get out of, and I don't know why. So today I am going to do the things I have been AVOIDING....ya know cleaning GOOD, and cooking REAL food, and well getting back on the Wii Fit (yes I know Deanna I promised I'd keep at it but well food in the valley killed me LOL).

I just read a friends blog on Facebook and I am gonna link to it since it INSPIRED me to MOVE IT today. I have so much going for me in life, and although I HATE looking back at any past mistakes, I know sometimes we have too. But I few my past problems/issues/mistakes as the stepping stones that got me to this point in my life. I truly LOVE my life....now don't get me wrong I am NOT all Pollyanna that its PERFECT, its far from, I mean we have money issues and fights like everyone else, but I truly when I look at the GREAT things in my life I LOVE it. So although I like everyone reading this has past "baggage" we carry with us I BELIEVE that I have overcome it.

My husband (yes some days I wanna kill him LOL) is truly the man I have longed to be with FOREVER. He doesn't realize what a better person I am because of him, and he doesn't realize that his acceptance of who I am, for better or worse, is what inspires me to be a better person. I was not skinny but "normal" in high school, and never endured those "fat" comments that some girls endure, and for that I'm grateful...have no fear there were other things to make fun of. But when I got pregnant 16 years ago, I put on 110 lbs with my first son, and since then have not gotten all of it off. Understand its not for NOT trying as some people would like to say, I do try, and most to the time I succeed in getting 1/2 of it off, but OMG I am 40 years old and the thought of eating and living like that FOREVER gets kinda depressing.

I have found that the ONE thing in life I despise more than anything are "reformed" people. I mean I don't smoke but OMG those poor people who do have to hear NON-STOP from those who have quit. I am a fat girl (currently) and there is someone in my life who deplores FAT, and when I look back at their life I remember that they weren't always the "healthiest" LOL. But God love my sister and my husband who remind me that I am who I am, and loved for who I am...not who a "reformed" person is so condescending too. Sometimes I think if people would "mind their own business, and NOT be so damn "judgmental" on purpose or not, that the majority of the problems we face in life wouldn't be issues. And I am FAR from perfect, I mean I was raised in a small town, and had those beliefs that we all have that until you get out into the "real" world you can finally see the other side. I have become MORE accepting in my years, and I find it disheartening when I look at someone else who is so judgmental and cruel to people. I fear that someday that person is going to look around themselves and find they are alone with only vain, uncaring people, and that maybe they will finally realize what the LOST.

Life is an adventure and we can be POSITIVE or NEGATIVE....I chose to be POSITIVE today, and LISTEN and HEAR my husband, my sister, and my children who LOVE me so much for who I am NOT who some people THINK I should be, and for that I can't thank you all enough.

***as a side note on the off chance you are THAT person I reference in this blog...don't bother commenting, I don't care what you think anymore. I am always here for an email or phone call, but not to be the "fat" girl you can make fun of...I am BETTER than that, and because I am ACCEPTING of everyone, that makes me better than you, and that I can live with.****

No comments: