Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Story to tell....

so its been a really long time since I blogged, and I have been feeling kind of crappy recently, so I thought if I blogged I'd pull myself out of my funk.

Eighteen years ago, Shayne and I went to a RUSH concert together, we had one child, were broke, and had lawn seats. At the concert, he danced with me, and told me he loved me and was happy.

So Saturday night, we went to the RUSH concert, and we took all the kids with us. We had four children, we're broke still, and again had lawn seats. Then at the concert he danced with me and whispered in my ear that he loved me. I laughed when we were done, and said, "Shayne, do you realize we are now the OLD people here?" And we were the parents embarrassing, yet making out kids proud at the same time...it was a great feeling.

Ya know a friend of mine when I told her the story laughed about it. And at first I was impositioned, and it dawned on me that she didn't understand us, or my husband, and that was ok. Personally, at that moment, all the "good, bad, and ugly" set aside of the past 18 years (we all have it) I was grateful to my husband, my children, and God for giving me the life we have right now. I wished we had a "bigger bank account," and that I didn't need to fix a rim on the van, or worry about college, but that's life, and those are the things that we all have to deal with. So at this moment I am choosing to focus on those "moments" that touch my, and only my heart. Those are the memories I have to hold onto forever. I hope in 18 years, that Shayne and I are, not as broke LOL, but sitting in lawn seats with our children, their spouses, and their children watching a concert, and that maybe, just maybe I'll still be footing (at least able too) the bill for them all.

1 comment:

snowflake said...

Steph, you and Shayne have a beautiful, inspirational marriage. So what if some people don't get it? I feel sorry for anyone who wouldn't get the beauty of such a story. Thanks for sharing.