Thursday, January 10, 2008

How did it start.....


....oh man I just saw the best commercial its a couple kissing, and then rewinding back to the beginning of their relationship (now never mind its some match.com commercial LOL) but it got me thinking about the FIRST time. No sillies not THE first time...that was so LONG ago I don't know if I remember LOL but I am talking about the FIRST time Shayne and I met. Oh my gosh he was so handsome, a big bear, but with those amazing dimples. We met in passing early fall 1991, as he was friends with my sister. Then in January 1992, I met him again, but this time he was BUILT, and I mean BUILT...he had beard (which just so you know you could still see his dimples through), and his hair was cut, and well he was just breath taking....can you say that about a man? I don't know, but it does get my point across LOL.

We did things together that I had never done before, we hiked a hill to a HUGE rock, and walked down by the creek. We parked in a TINY car down by a bridge and the woods (holy cow I was in college and was still PARKING LOL what a hoot), and we walked across these OLD train tressles (what an amazing view that was).

Eventually we got married (yes there was MORE in between the last paragraph and this one LOL), and everything we do is a FIRST. I mean it was the first time we celebrated Christmas in a new state, then apart, then MORE in debt than before LOL, but you get my point. Life is full of FIRST TIMES, and we miss them and take them for granted. I thought I learned that when he was deployed last year, but I guess not since some commercial about dating (maybe that was the sign LOL)reminded me of some very GREAT POSITIVE moments in my life. Gosh do I love that man...even more today than I did 17 (holy crap SEVENTEEN) years ago....he is truly my HERO (wonder if I've told him recently...note to self...tell hubby he ROCKS).

Happy Blogging gang.

1 comment:

snowflake said...

Steph, that was just amazing! What a powerful story about the love you and your hubby share! I am so happy for you to have found someone you love like that, and happy for him that he has found such a wonderful life partner! Thanks for sharing this beautiful thought!