Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'm still learning

....yep at my age I'm still learning. I am learning LOTS of things...like I'm old, LOL and I am a bit more computer savvy, and something about graphics and well I'm learning more and more about myself everyday.

I know that I have taken TONS of things in my life for granted, but this year I have been making a conscious effort to PAY ATTENTION, and APPRECIATE my life. I read a passage in a great book Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral that went like this:

"I was just thinking about how much you mean to me...but I want you to know that I never take you for granted and the I remember everything you did for me and without you I don't know what I would do...."

And I thought about this passage for a long time after I read it, and realized that its how we all live or lives, we don't forget or appreciate the things people do for or with us, but we don't talk about it either, we tend to...not take it for granted...but become complacent in what goes on in and around our lives. I don't want to do this anymore. I mean first off I'm not a spring chicken, and I am not the healthiest (as far as being overweight and less active than I should be LOL), that I don't want to mess around and MISS out on my life.

I love my kids, and my husband way too much for that. So I do have my pedometer Walk to Iraq with my fellow blogger Chaos Mommy and I am doing it in support of her, her husband, and my health. I want to be the "all that I can be" I think that was a military slogan at one time too LOL....see how its hard to separate yourself from that life LOL.

So today I challenge you to APPRECIATE your life, and to TAKE CHARGE of what you want in it, and around you. Stop and smell those flowers today (and if its still cold and no flowers are there, just take a DEEP BREATH). Have a GREAT week-end everyone.

No comments: