Monday, January 14, 2008

Motivation.....

....where does it come from? How do we find it? I don't know where or how to find it sometimes, and the past 18 months of my life I have endured a deployment, a LONG readjustment to Shayne being back home and now to the inevitability of a move this summer. I have slowly become more and more LAZY in my approach to cleaning, and just life in general.

So you'd think with the new "POSITIVE" me that I'd get on a cleaning tear and "GIT R DONE" now wouldn't you? Well you'd think but I was LACKING in that elusive MOTIVATION. I wanted to get moving and clean my house and do my laundry, and play with the babies (well they aren't babies anymore but they are preschoolers LOL so they still play some LOL). But I just couldn't do it. No instead I did what my sister and I lovingly define it as the "HURRICANE CLEAN" and that's just where you tear through the house and toss it WHEREVER you can so it LOOKS clean. I am EXCELLENT at this LOL.

However today I NEEDED to get up and do it. Maybe its one of those signs I am so looking for in life all the time. So I sat down with my sweet tea (OMG gotta love Smithfields sweet tea), and made a list, then I could feel the sheer "YUCKINESS" of the HUGE list, so I sat a little while longer and than from NOWHERE, I got up...I got cleaning and decided to ATTACK this from a different angle. Instead of DOING IT ALL in one day and then feeling like I failed because I didn't' get done, I decided that with a list this long it was time to BREAK it down some. So the game plan is to clean ONE room.....just ONE every day till my house is cleaned back to the point I want it. I figure that one room GOOD is only an hour maybe 90 minutes, then I can "HURRICANE CLEAN" the rest of the house and by the end of the week OMG I'll be able to sit in CLEANLINESS LOL.

Maybe getting back to what I KNOW and was PROUD of will help me continue down the year of POSITIVES for me. I mean look, today I ACCOMPLISHED something BIGGER than yesterday, and I did without whining....OMG I am improving. So to answer the ORIGINAL questions, I don't know where it comes from or how to find it, I just know when we NEED it we can find it.

Happy Monday my fellow bloggers.

No comments: