Monday, May 11, 2009

The Bucket List



Now I've seen the movie before, so today when it came on, I was watching, and cleaning...ya know, not paying attention 100%, when I heard the scene where Carter (Morgan Freeman) and Edward (Jack Nicholson) are sitting on top of a pyramid in Egypt and they are talking about how "long ago Egyptians believed that when you died you went to Heaven and they asked two questions of you

1. Did your find JOY in your life?
and
2. Did your life bring JOY to others?


So Edward answers the first one and then says "you'd have to ask other people if I brought JOY to their lives, I haven't really concerned myself with how other people felt."

So I thought about this for awhile, and then I decided to answer myself. And this is what I have decided....that yes, I have found JOY in my life, with my children and my husband, and my family. As to whether I have brought JOY to others lives? Well in my heart I believe I have but in my head I'm not sure. I mean saying YES definitively kinda seems "self-centered" and I am not that, but saying NO wouldn't be true I do BELIEVE over the years that I have touched peoples life and hopefully brought them some JOY.

So my CHALLENGE to you would be to ask yourself these two questions, and please comment and let me know how you fair with your answers. If you haven't found the JOY, then DO IT...and DO IT NOW before it ends up on your BUCKET LIST. Life is too short to wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have to say yes to the have i found joy in my life. I have to children who continue to make me smile all the time. And even my hubby who drives me insane for the most part. But he also has his moments. And i think i take those moments for granted. But life changes and so does your relationship. But i know i couldn't live without him. Well i could but it would be painful. As far as have i brought joy to others. I believe so. Hell i know at least the day i was born i brought it to my parents. I must have to my husband. He chose to marry me. To my friends since they are still around. To my kids since they still kiss me good nite and tell me they love me. To my grandmother who says she can always count on me to be the one to always call. So yes i would have to say i have. How much joy, couldn't tell you.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I am 100% there on either of those questions yet....

I really hope I have brought joy to someone, somewhere! If nothing, I have def' brought laughter to my family and friends with my antics over the years!