Monday, May 18, 2009

Movie, Tears, and My son (spolier alert)


....title caught your eye didn't it LOL. Today on "ON DEMAND" we rented Marley and Me, and KD and I watched it. I of course cried at the end but I cry at commercials. So Mack comes home and KD was like you have to watch the movie. So after some teeth pulling he agreed.

Stop, back up and let me give you a prologue here. We have a 2 yr old black lab named "Max", and she is HUGE LOL. She chews up stuff, and occasionally pees on my floor, and eats EVERYTHING in site, but Max like Marley thinks she's small and IN CONTROL. So we saw A LOT of parallels between the movie and our lives. WE have been talking about finding Max a new home, she is a LOVABLE nuisance but many days I wanna just open the darn door and ship them out (yes there was that scene in the movie too...so guess I'm NORMAL). So that brings us back to the beginning of today and the battle royal to make Mack watch the movie with KD.

I pulled out of the drive way to go get Osten from lifting/conditioning and they were all sitting here with mouths hung open watching the movie. I came home about 90 minutes later and see Mack...looking a bit sad, but asking if he was ok, was about all I did (yeah crappy mother I know but he's a teenager so I try not to pry anymore than necessary sometimes LOL). So they are at the END scenes in the movie and I look over and see tears rolling down his face as Marley (SPOILER ALERT) is put to sleep.

I felt my heart just melt, I mean I hate to see my kids cry, ever, but to know that a movie with love for a dog in a family touched my son's heart like that made me so proud of the young man he is today. I always knew he'd grow up to be loving, kind, and generous, but today I realized that he has already become that man. What a great moment for me as a mom to know he's as wonderful at I KNEW he would be.

If you haven't seen this movie, then rent it and watch it. It was truly an amazing movie, and my kids loved it, sad but moving at the same time.

No comments: