Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Kindergarten Registration....

....well today was the day, I OFFICIALLY registered KD in school for next year. My friend Amber insists this was tough on me, but it wasn't as hard as sending Seth last year. Maybe as a mom, someplace deep inside I knew Seth had issues, so I worried about him. When we got the Aspergers diagnosis, it put all of my life into prospective. So today I took all my paper work, my request for KD to have Seth's teacher (cause she's my hero), and registered her.

I am sure next fall when the bus rolls up to get them both I feel a pang of "something" my bet with Amber is that it WON'T be tears or sadness, but when I hung up with her I thought, that any sadness I feel will only be because Shayne will have missed that day, and thats why we had more children, cause with our first two, he was in school full time, working full time, and there wasn't time to watch the first bus ride, or empty the book bag when they walk in. So yes on that day in September I will feel sadness for what he misses...me however, I'm gonna take a deep breath, thank God I didn't kill her before that moment LOL, and then go to Starbucks for a coffee, biscotti, a good book and a job application...cause as many of you know it is my FAVORITE place on Earth.

My baby girl, who I waited my whole life on is a GIANT PAIN in the ASS, but she is ready, and I know that. So Amber you owe me a Starbucks card in September...be ready, maybe we'll just meet 1/2 way for breakfast LOL.

No comments: