Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Infomercials


When did that even become a real word? OH well for those of us who are a bit insomniac ridden we LOVE them. But many times they raise OTHER questions...like does that really work? And how about I could afford that its only 3 monthly payments LOL. But this now leads me to MY questions for today....

1. What "as seen on TV" products have you tried?
2. Which do you want to try?
and finally
3. Did any of them work?

I have tried a few, and my favorite so far is Mighty Putty...it fixes almost everything I have used it on. I actually had a leak under my sink I fixed it with weeks ago, and its working STILL.

OK how about the Sauna Belt? Now it works great as a heating pad at night, but it didn't really lose any REAL inches, and after awhile it actually burns your darn skin.

Finally...this is my LEAST favorite one too is the ab roller and the ab roller wheel. Yeah they MIGHT work if the one didn't pull every muscle in your lower back and the other one...well lets just say a heavy girl pushing a wheel on the floor makes ya feel like an OVER SIZED wheel barrow, so pushing myself to do it...NOT happening LOL.

Now my favorite thing about infomercials is there is always that in bold statement that says "NOT AVAILABLE in STORES" LOL now let me say every last one of these items is in stores...usually at Wal-Mart up by the registers...you know the IMPULSE shopping row right at check out LOL. And I certainly didn't pay FULL price for any of them THANK YOU Wally world.


Now the downfall to shopping in the store for them is there are none of those PILES of packages waiting outside your front door...which is always great...I mean a gift for yourself that you paid for but What the heck ever at least its not a bill LOL.

Ok gang lets see what you can offer me here...maybe there is something out there I have missed and want to try...fess up to the great buys, or really bad ones.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too funny! I did a little blurp about infomercials myself a couple weeks ago :D Great Blog!

Anonymous said...

You know those containers and lids on the lazy susan that promises they won't take up much space....I just had to buy those! I do still LOVE the idea...but the lazy susan is so flimsy and cheaply made and the containers themselves stain so easily....and the lazy susan was too big to put in MY cupboard and actually close the door....grrrrr...I swore I'd never buy another thing from infomercial, lol....buuuut, several years later, DH and I saw P90X (extreme muscle fitness) on t.v. and drooled over it for a few months...and then we bought it...and that one we are so glad that we did!!! It was well worth the money!
Tammy (FXmomto3)