Sunday, May 17, 2009

End of the year....

...yes I do know it is only May LOL but I am thinking about the end of the school year. I look forward so much to it being over, but about 3 weeks in I'm ready for them to hit the bricks back LOL. However my Osten and Mack will be heading back and forth to the high school Monday-Friday every day this summer (for conditioning either one or two times a day) until August 1st when football season OFFICIALLY kicks off. So no real "summer break" for this family but it will be nice not to have that "morning routine from hell" that we have all year.

So anyway, I digress from my thoughts...go figure LOL. Anyway, it dawned on me today that in another few weeks I will have a junior in high school. I can't believe one I am actually OLD enough to have a junior in high school and two that he is old enough to be a junior in high school, but he is/will be sooner than I think.

Life goes so fast, and truly, if you don't grab hold and hang on, you miss it. I am so grateful that I have had the time with Osten that I have, I mean everyday he is one day closer to being his own man, and heading off to college, where I won't be there to remind him to pack water in his lunch LOL....or say did you pack your gym clothes, and get your damn math homework. But I do believe that Shayne and I have raised him to be his own man, he just doesn't know it yet...but he will.

I love being a mom, but on days where I think about the "end" of one thing and the "beginning" of something new, life scares the hell out of me. I miss him being a little boy and NEEDING me, but I am so PROUD of the man he has become. I hope that deep inside he knows how very, very much he is loved. Next fall will begin the adventure of the SAT's, college applications, class ring, Letterman jacket, and ring dance, as well as whatever else it entails. I am looking forward to sharing every moment he will allow me to share with him.

If you didn't take a moment to look over your life this week-end and appreciate any or all of it, then tonight or tomorrow morning before the week gets so hectic you can't breathe, just step out of your shoes, and love the moments you have with your loved ones. Life is too short to miss any more than you already have.

No comments: